We are small enough to tailormake your visit, yet big enough to provide a full days stimulating activities
Only £3.95 per child, 1 teacher free per 5 children.
Free on site coach parking
At the Bird and Deer Park we can provide junior schools with the perfect, educational and yet fun day out. Situated high above Gloucester, the Park is set in a beautiful, natural Cotswold valley complete with a ponds and a carp lake. As well as the huge variety of stunning birds that you would expect to find, there are also Fallow Deer, Reindeer, Pigmy Goats, Miniature Mediterranean Donkeys and lots of nest boxes for wild birds and insects.
Most of the animals in the Bird Park are not in enclosures, giving the children the opportunity to get up close and hand feed them from the free bag of bird feed that is provided to each child. Deer, fish and goat feed is available around the park for for 20p coins.
Quizzes and question sessions can be arranged with the keepers.
Information boards about the animals are situated around the park so there is certainly a lot of information for the children to study and the visit could provide the basis for, or the culmination of, a nature or animal based project.
Packed lunches can be provided and hot and cold beverages, biscuits, sweets, ice creams and crisps are available at the Visitor Centre where there is also a well stocked gift shop.
There is plenty of parking for coaches.
Example Schools Day Programme
10.00am to 2.00pm (flexible!)
An example of a timetable for a school day at the Park:
- 10.00am - Arrive at Prinknash Estate and assemble in the Visitor Centre. Toilets, seating, beverages and snacks are available in the Visitor Centre, as are small gifts.
- 10.30am – 12.00pm Meet a keeper and have a talk on any of the birds or animals within the park with questions and then visit the Park and the animals. Bird Food is availabe for purchase on arrival.
- 12.00 - 12.30 Lunch. Packed lunches can be eaten in the Visitor Centre or on the balconies over looking the park, or at the picnic tables by the Wendy House if the weather is nice! Lunches can be provided by the Park with advance notice incorporated into the day. Beverages are always available in the Visitor Centre for teachers.
- 12.30 - 2.00pm. Activities.- This is a great opportunity for the children to partake in various activities, including sketching, painting, photography, poetry, quizes along with question and answer opportunities with the keeper. Children could watch the Reindeer being fed at 11am and meet the Kookaburras when being flown at noon. If there is something that you would like the children to do, we'll do our best to accommodate, just ask!
- 2.00 - 2.15 Gift shop visit. The Gift Shop is in the new Visitor Centre where a wide range of Bird Park related gifts are available.
- 2.15pm Return to school for normal finishing time. Toilets also available in main car park by coach parking area.
The School party rate is £3.95 per child with one adult helper/Teacher admitted free per 5 children. Additional adults are charged at £7.00.
Teachers are welcome to an advance planning visit to the Park.
Packed lunches can be provided with advance notice.
Hot beverages, cold drinks, ice creams and additional bird food are available at reception.
Advance bookings only!